miércoles, 11 de octubre de 2017

Natural disasters



I´d like to thank you all for coming yesterday.  I look forward to all of our interesting conversations throughout the year.

I´d like to start out by talking about natural disasters.  Have you ever been in or affected by a natural disaster?  Are there any natural disasters that terrify you?  Would an area being prone to a natural disaster prevent you from living there?




As I mentioned in class my city, Houston, was affected by a very strong hurricane this summer.  Here is a video showing some of the aftermath:


This video explains a little about why Houston flooded so badly:


Of course, it´s difficult to talk about natural disasters without mentioning climate change.  I´d like you to read this article from a local Houston news outlet and tell me what your thoughts are on the language that it uses:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario